Cold and Flu Season… Chiropractic to the Rescue
1. Wash your Hands: I know that is common sense but you would be surprised how many things you touch and come in contact with. Viruses can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours.
2. Boost Your Immune System: Chiropractic adjustments (when a chiropractor applies manipulation to the vertebrae that have abnormal movement patterns or fail to function normally) help to regulate the autonomic nervous system. Simply put, your nervous system (brain, spinal cord, and nerves) controls everything. Your immune system is your primary defense against infection. All too often, our bodies are not functioning optimally. This compromises our immune system and often leads to illness.
3. Eat Well: Avoid sugar, artificial sweeteners, and trans fats. Add fruits and vegetables to your diet instead.
4. Take Supplements: Vitamin D3 and K2 are terrific supplements to take during the winter months. It is vitally important to take these since we are outside in the sun less often during this time. Getting these naturally from the sun is best but when you can’t, then use supplements.
5. Move Well: It’s important to keep moving and to stay active. If you don’t belong to a gym, there are some really great at home workout dvds.
Dr. Bibb at Memphis Chiropractic Neurology specializes in chiropractic care to improve your spine and immune system health. Contact us at 901-752-4300 to schedule an appointment.